Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's Been A Long Time....

Gosh, I can't believe that I haven't written in about 3 weeks! It's been kind of busy around here, but mostly I lost the cord for my camera, so I couldn't upload any pictures... good news! I found my cord so you can see how beautiful my baby is... and how much she's grown! 

I guess I'll start right where I left off. We left to go to Kentucky right before the new years, and I was scared to death to make the trip. It's about a 7 hour drive, and I just didn't know how well she would do. Well, she was perfect! We left at 4am and she slept almost all the way. We stopped outside of Nashville (about 5 hours in) and ate breakfast, giving her time to stretch her legs, eat some food and change her diaper! The way home was a bit more tricky since we didn't leave until 2, but she was still AWESOME in the car and we made it home with only a couple of fussy moments! 

We got home and the next day was my birthday, so Chris took it off so we could spend the day together. We didn't do a whole lot, Chris made me an AMAZING cake (vanilla-coconut) that was shaped like a glacier with penguins... it however didn't turn out exactly like he wanted it to, so I wasn't allowed to photograph it... we are supposed to be redoing it to make it perfect, so I will take a picture then! We did go out shopping and out to dinner which was lovely! I was able to buy some cute clothes and Allison got some new bottles (They've really helped with the spitting-up issue)! 

Other than that, there has not been too much going on. I started back to work last week, which was hard, but it was nice having a little time to myself. I was doing really great until some people came in with their baby and he/she started cooing and laughing and I about lost it... It made me really miss her but it's only for 2 days a week, so I really can't complain that much! Thank God I don't have to go back full time, I would really miss her and the time we have together! 

Oh yes, Allison did have her first laugh the other night, but it didn't last long and she's only done it once more since then... but I promise, when she gets better and more frequent with it, I will definitely get it on video! 

(Oh yes, the pictures with Allison dressed up like an elephant is because Alabama won the BCS Nation Championship for the 14th time... most in  College history, so my mom made me put her in it and take her picture... I think Allison kind of liked it though)


Napping with Uncle John getting ready for the New Year 

Chillin' before we go out for Mommy's birthday

Lookin' good to go have lunch with Daddy

GO ALABAMA!!!

ROLL TIDE!!! (Is it over yet?)

"I wonder what it's like to be an elephant?"

Allison's perfected her smiling!

Look how beautiful!!!

Allison happy about going shopping for Mommy's birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Yes it HAS been a long time!! I love the pictures and can't wait to see her tomorrow!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete