Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A sick baby

So not too much has been going on this week. Allison started rice cereal, and she's not particularly impressed by it! You can check out the video to get the WHOLE experience... sorry it's so long... I told Chris to take the video and he just never stopped! I've been giving it to her about once a day (usually right before we eat dinner since she ALWAYS wakes up then). She's getting more and more used to it, and I think she might actually be enjoying it! I can't wait to start cooking for her and seeing how she reacts to all the different foods in the world! 

This was my last weekend to work! Chris and I looked at how much I was getting paid, less the gas it takes to get there, and how much I hated being away from my family and we decided that it wasn't worth it! I hardly ever saw Chris, maybe for like 3 hours a night and we were both so exhausted we would just watch tv, and I hated not being able to make plans with our family (like going to the park, or hang out with my sisters-in-law). So, of course, we had to make a run to the outlet mall to see if there was any last minute items that I need (or really want!). I got some stuff for Allison and a couple of must-haves from William-Sonoma for myself! 

Yesterday Allison came down with a little cold! She woke up crying around 1am and was having trouble breathing through her nose. I calmed her down and gave her a bottle and it seemed to clear up. She fell back asleep and I thought all was well! Not so much... She woke up screaming again around 4 and was really having problems breathing, so I turned on all the lights and cleaned out her nose (which wasn't fun) and then gave her another bottle and she was perfect. She was still congested when she woke up, but it wasn't that bad. She was very snuggly this morning, like she just didn't feel good and needed her mommy! I had to clean her nose out about 10 more times yesterday, and none were as easy as when she was swaddled! Apparently she is abnormally strong for a 4 month old! I was trying to snuggle her to hold her down with one hand while trying to clean out her nose with my free hand! She finally got to the point that when I pulled out the aspirator she would start fidgeting and get fussy! 

Well, to keep this short, I'm going to save all the Valentine's plans and continue the saga of her first cold! Until next week... 


Allison getting her first taste of Rice Cereal! 

Allison making some new noises that she's picked up from somewhere.... I'm guessing Chris

P.S. 
Having problems uploading pictures, so next week there will be lots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment