Wednesday, April 11, 2012

So Much Going On

So I know it's been a while, and I have A LOT to catch you up on... First off, Allison went to the Dr. last week for her 6 month check-up and she's doing great and growing like crazy! She's now 26.5" long and weighs in at 16.10lb! I was expecting her to weigh mid-15, so I was shocked that she had gained so much weight! The Dr. didn't seem concerned at all and said that she was in the 50th percentile for her weight and "above average" for her height! She was also impressed that Allison was sitting up so well and laughed that she didn't want to lay down but instead propped herself up on her elbows! She gave us the ok to start Cheerios (we've been doing Banana Puffs), and we've been enjoying that! Well, Chris and I have, Allison hasn't gotten the hang of it yet, but she's learning. She'll now let us put the puff in her mouth and attempt to chew, where she would turn from us and not have anything to do with it.... except to bang them and smoosh them with her hands!

Also, Easter was Sun and Allison and I went to Birmingham for the weekend. Chris couldn't make it due to work, but Allison and I still had a good time. My brother's birthday is also this week, so we went to celebrate with him too! Allison seemed to have a good time, she enjoyed spending time with her Uncle and Grandma and Great-Aunt Linda (however, she was a little skeptical at first, but eventually warmed up to her). Allison did great on the road, she slept almost the entire way and didn't cry at all! She was even behind on her lunch schedule, but didn't seem to notice!

So the last, and most fun news of all is that Allison is starting to talk!!! She has been babbling for the past couple of days, but yesterday just started saying "Da da da da da!" Chris is, of course, super excited, and I can't believe she's growing up so quickly! I know I keep saying that I need to start planning her 1 year b'day party, but I really can't believe it's coming so quickly! It also makes me wonder what she's going to sound like when she starts talking more... is she going to have the same high pitched voice that she has now? I also wonder what her next words will be... hopefully Ma ma! Fingers crossed!


Here's a LOUD video of Allison saying her first word! 


No comments:

Post a Comment