Saturday, July 16, 2011

One Of Those Days

You know when you are going somewhere and you are really looking forward to it, like something special is awaiting you and you can't wait to get it or see it. Like when I look forward to going to the doctor because I get to see my baby or hear her heartbeat. Yesterday was NOT one of those appointments! I had my glucose screening test so it started by me starving because I couldn't eat anything and then almost throwing up because I had to drink this horrible version of a flat Sunkist but with a much thicker consistency! It was doing ok for the first half, but then it got too sweet and too thick for my tummy to handle! Fortunately, I was able to control my tummy and made it stay down! But then I get to the doctor and they have to draw my blood, well, my normal vein decided it didn't want to work, so after she stuck me it started to drain and then right as the blood was flowing into the tube, it stopped! So, then I had to get pricked on my other arm! Fortunately, I absolutely love the nurse because I have very tiny veins so she uses very small needles on me, so it doesn't hurt too terribly bad! Well, this vein was small and mighty! Once she got the needle in, the blood just swooshed right out and she got 3 tubes in no time! One would think the day would end there, but no. Next I go see the doctor who did let me hear Allison's heartbeat, but then stuck me with a huge needle and some very painful fluid called Rogam (I'm not sure how you spell it, but I do know that it really hurt)! I'm not one to complain when I get shots, I really don't mind them all that much, but this one was not like the flu shot! She stuck the needle in and I thought she was done, NO... then she started pushing the medicine and it burned like nobody's business. Then she pulled the needle out and that hurt really bad too! Meanwhile, Chris is sitting there talking about how long the needle was and how much medicine she gave me, not helping the situation AT ALL! Well, that was it. The Doctor talked about some things that I need to start taking care of, like birthing classes, hospital tours and looking into cordblood banking and we were on our merry way!
Yes, there are some appointments I really look forward to, but  it looks like those appointments are now in the past. I don't get any more ultrasounds, unless I am having "complications," and the only thing left to look forward to is contractions and my baby! (But that's not coming for another 11 weeks!) I have my first baby shower tomorrow night, so that is really exciting! I can't wait to see all the great things that Allie is going to get! I have to say, we really need those things too! We don't have crib sheets, bottles, or anything else that we are going to need! So until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment