Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Fourth of July

Last week my family decided to go to Indiana to surprise my Uncle for his 60th birthday! We had to take 2 cars since there were 5 of us traveling so Chris and I decided to take the trip in 2 days, we thought it would be best for me. It really worked out great because, like clockwork, I had to pee every hour on the hour! I can officially say I was able to use the bathroom in 4 different states in 1 day! We spent the night in Columbus, IN and met my cousins and their kids for lunch (as well as met up with the rest of the family to travel on). It was so fun to hang out with them. I haven't seen them since my wedding and got to meet my newest cousin for the first time (who is now 10 months old). After lunch we travelled on to Auburn, IN and arrived in time for dinner. My Uncle was grilling in the backyard, so we snuck around and yelled surprise! He was in complete shock! Apparently everyone involved did a great job in keeping the secret! We stayed in IN for 3 days and got to spend lots of family time together, including shopping and game night! I swear, I have not laughed so hard nor seen Chris laugh so hard, while playing "The Game of Things!"It was such an awesome trip and a great time to relax and enjoy the great cooking from my Aunt! We came home Sunday afternoon and decided that we were going to take the trip in 1 day this time... I was never so happy to get out of the car for more than 5 minutes! (And yes, I did stop in every state to use the bathroom again!) We got home at 12:30ish and I went straight to bed. It's funny to me how tired I can be from riding all day! Chris drove the whole trip, yet I was the one who was so tired!
Monday we decided to take it easy and sleep in. Chris' sister had stayed over to take care of the pets, which was such a blessing, and then his other sister came over and they made pizza and cake! I took about 5 naps and still went to bed at 10. Apparently the baby is draining all of my energy! I did however stay up to watch the fireworks on tv and they were beautiful! I think that the 4th might be my 2nd favorite holiday, next to Christmas of course! I have so many memories of watching the fireworks at my grandma's house while eating watermelon or homemade ice cream!
Here are some pictures that we took whilst on our vacation:
 Here is my 27 week picture

Chris and I are so happy!

My family getting in on the action!

We're still happy!

My Aunt, Uncle, and Mom

Welcome to my family!

My Aunt and Uncle (she's the one who's amazing at cooking!)

My family taking a serious picture

And the 2 happy couples!

No comments:

Post a Comment