Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy 1 Month

I can't believe it! 1 month ago today we had our baby girl! Part of me can't believe that it's been a month already! It seems like just last week I was waddling  to work and complaining of my horrible heartburn! But then it also seems like Allison has been with us forever! She fits in so perfectly to our family, that even though we have made a lot of changes, it seems like our normal life!

Last week Allison decided that she wanted to shift her schedule, so she was going to bed at 8pm and waking me up at 3am. She would stay awake for about 3 hours and then fall asleep for about 2 hours and then go back to her normal 4 hour schedule. My body decided that it was going to fail me though... See, when she would nap, I would lay with her with my eyes closed but somehow NOT be able to fall asleep. So for about 3 days I was only getting 4 hours of sleep! Well, it finally caught up with me. Saturday morning (about 4am) I started getting a headache and by that evening it had turned into a migraine! I ended up going to bed at 8pm and Chris was stuck with baby duty! Apparently she stayed awake until about 2, but I didn't seem to notice. Anyway, I think they had a great time bonding! Needless to say, we are trying to shift her back to the schedule that I remember.

We went to the doctor today for Allison's 1 month check up and she is perfect! She weighed in at 8.15lbs (which I have a REALLY hard time believing that she gained 1.7lbs, but that's what happens when you change scales)! She's 21.5 inches long and she is growing right on schedule! She was above average for her length and we are trying to catch up to her weight. The doctor also mentioned how big her feet were to which I was like, "Thanks... She got those from me!"Apparently she is going to be just as tall as I am expecting her being! We talked to the doctor about weaning her off of the bottle, so we have a plan for that. She has been nursing for about  an hour and a half (sleeping on and off the whole time) and then eating 4 ounces of formula! (Maybe she really did gain all that weight) The doctor told me to nurse for 30 minutes and then give her a bottle and she will learn that she only gets a certain amount of time to eat, not to play around. And then we will slowly start reducing her formula intake by half an ounce. This should help with my milk coming in and getting her more satisfied and get us on a normal schedule, not just an eat-whenever-you-like schedule! She also told me that I have to start putting her down more... that it may not be the best thing for me to hold her all the time! That it might get her used to being held which might be a problem in the future... Mommy will have to start getting used to the idea.

So things are going very well here! My mom came in yesterday to help out for the week and it has been great! I like being able to let someone else hold her for awhile so I can get cleaning/cooking done and she's also helping Allison get used to her bouncer and swing (which is going to be great for when she leaves).

Just hanging out

 Happy baby!

 What are you looking at?

 I'm so cute and happy!

 I like my tongue!

 More pictures Mom?!

 Hmm... what should I dream about now?

 Yes, yes. Happy Halloween!

Daddy does a good Allison impersonation

Hmmm.. why are there spiders on me? 

 This was Canela trying to get attention while we were taking pictures of Allison!

 She let me do whatever I wanted to her!

 Yea, Monkeys are fun!

Ashlyn likes Allison being on her level! 

No comments:

Post a Comment