Monday, October 8, 2012

We have a 1 year old!

OK, so again I must apologize for not writing for a long time! I really can't believe it's been almost 2 months since my last post! Allison has gotten so much bigger and is doing so much more these days! She has officially become a walker and is toddling around the house every day! She will still crawl if she has socks on or if she falls, but for the most part she's leaving the crawling for the babies! My mom and I went out and bought her some new shoes, for when we go out, and she despises HATES them! I take that back, she loves to play with them, but does not like to walk in them! She looks like an awkward clown when walking in them! For one, she has some rather large feet, thanks to Mommy Daddy, and she has no idea what to do once they're on. She's getting a little better at walking in them, but she is not steady at all in them and would much rather walk around barefoot (Just like Mommy)! She doesn't seem to like sock either. I guess they are slippery on our non-carpet floors (even though they have grips on the feet) and again, I think she'd be perfectly happy barefoot! Alas, it's getting too cold for the barefoot days, so she'll just have to deal with the shoes!

We went to the doctor last week and Allison is looking perfect! She's still above average on her height (30") and is a little below average on her weight (20lbs). The doctor said it was normal since she was walking around, they expect her to lose some weight, so no need to worry. We got the OK to start weaning her off of formula and onto either Soy, Almond or Whole Milk! I'm not sure which route we're going to go. She seems to not be lactose intolerant so we could do whole, but Chris drinks Almond and Soy so since we have that we might just do that (plus I think it is healthier). The doctor said to add some fat to her other foods if we do the Soy or Almond (like butter in her grits) just so she can get all her fats in for the day. Allison then had to get 4 shots!!! (Chicken pox, Hep B, Influenza, & Flu)! I felt so bad for her, but she was a trooper! She cried for about 10 mins, but then was done and acting fine after. Daddy was there to help out and she snuggled in with him. Apparently he is the shot-fixer-upper. (He also threatened to hurt the nurse or anyone else that hurts her, and I think she appreciated that!)

There's more to come, but Allison is not wanting to go to sleep right now, so I have to deal with that! Hopefully soon I'll post all about her 1st Birthday Party, but for now, I must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment