Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry (Belated) Christmas

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, we sure did down here! It seemed to take a long time for Christmas to get here, but it ended way too fast! Christmas Eve my mom and I went shopping while Chris and Linda stayed home with Allison, I had some last minute gifts to buy, and my mom is always up for some shopping! We got home just in time to get ready for the Christmas Eve service and then headed to church. Church was really nice, we sat in the balcony with plenty of room for Allison and somehow, she ended up on the end next to my mom and I was on the other end... 5 seats away from her... It was a great service, but I couldn't help but stare at Allison the whole time wishing I had sat closer to her! We went to dinner afterwards and then came home to do some cooking and wrapping. Unfortunately, I got too distracted cooking that I didn't get to the wrapping until the next morning. Chris and I made it to bed around 2 (cooking and cleaning were all done) and Allison woke me up at 4... time to get wrapping presents! I had everything done by 6 and was wide-awake, so Allison and I hung out by the tree with some Christmas music going.

Everyone woke up around 8 and breakfast was at 9. I made a French Toast Casserole (that was really yummy) and then we opened our stockings. I got the turkey ready and put it in the oven and then it was time for presents! Allison was in and out of sleep the whole morning, so she made it for the stockings, but was out by present time! It was actually perfect since there was so much going on that she napped when she did. I was then busy busy with dinner that I actually forgot about her at times... only until she started crying or fussing! Aunt Linda and Grandma took good care of her though!

All in all we had a wonderful day! We had lots of food, great company, and great times! Allison got some very cute outfits, which she desperately needed, and a couple of new toys! I can't wait until next year when she will be more awake and aware of the new toys that she's getting!

Mommy & Daddy love Allison! 

The nicest family picture we could get (thanks Chris!)

Alan & Grandma

Grandma, Allison, and Me (3 Generations) 

We love our Allison

Grandma putting Allison's toy together Christmas Eve

All done! Good job Grandma! 

Grandma and Allison (Merry Christmas)!!!

Our favorite present (only 3 months early!) 

Still loving her! 

Allison's first stocking! 

Allison loves her new toy! 

All tuckered out... Nice jeans! 

Allison enjoying her other new toy... I love those chubby legs! 

Daddy & Allison having a one-on-one conversation! (After our day trip to B'ham) 

No comments:

Post a Comment