Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lots Going On

Well last week was pretty relaxing but I still have a lot to report. Friday Allison had her 2 month check up and she is doing great! She weighs 11.8lbs (which feels A LOT heavier when holding her) and is 23 inches long. She is above average for her age! Apparently she has always been above average with her height, but is finally catching up on her weight! The doctor checked her out and said that she was perfect!

And then it happened... she had her 2 month shots! She had to get some medicine orally and while she was focusing on the taste, an dI cleaning her up, it happened! The nurse stuck her with her first shot. Allison had this look on her face like "What the hell?" and started screaming! Then the nurse did the second shot! I'm crying now and Chris is holding his head in his hands... then the third shot! There was nothing too horrible about that except it was on her other leg. Now both of her legs are sore. The nurse told us that she was done and we could dress her. Well I tried but was still crying so Chris took over. He held her while she was still crying but every time he would cradle her she cried harder because he would touch her leg and it still hurt her! It was horrible... she had never made this cry before. It was like "Help me mommy, I'm scared." It was so terrible and I couldn't handle myself. After about 10 minutes she fell asleep and Chris and I went shopping (to make me feel better of course). When she woke up it was like nothing had ever happened. She was perfectly fine and happy. Even slept great that night!!!

Saturday we went to the mall and met up with the kids that I used to babysit! It was so exciting to see the kids again and they LOVED Allison (naturally). It was nice to hang out with them and, of course, they wanted to buy her everything that they saw! We did end up coming home with a colorful new Unicorn (which Allison does like to look at).

Saturday night we also had a couple of firsts. It was the first time that I had to put clothes away that no longer fit Allison.. Tear! She has moved up in size to 3-6 months! Her clothes fit fine, but when she stretches they don't stretch with her! She is too long for them! Also that night Chris and I moved back to our room!!! Allison went to bed at 8:30 and I realized I wasn't sleepy, so we put her to bed and stayed up until midnight and then slept in our bed! It was great! I slept soundly until 8 when she started moving around and woke me up. She has been doing great since then! Sleeps all through the night and wakes up around the same time every morning. She also likes to lay in bed for awhile before crying, so that gets me time to get her bottle ready before she screams!

Finally, yesterday we went to Hobby Lobby and bought some ornaments that I could decorate for Allison's first Christmas. I had a great time decorating and she slept for most of the time, allowing me to decorate them. She did help out by lending me her foot! I have to say, it turned out very well!

Until next time. Enjoy the pics:
Very happy girl

Before we go to the doctor

Sleeping before we went to the doctor

After we go to the doctor 

Finally asleep... big band-aids for a little shot

Sleeping after we went to the doctor (notice the little frown)

Tess and Allison

Rose and Allison

Rose and Tess (I started babysitting Rose when she was Allison's age!)


Tess, Allison, and the Unicorn (now named Tessie)

The fun ornament I made for Allison (no, I didn't draw it, just painted it)

No comments:

Post a Comment