Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas Adam

I feel like such a bad blogger! I've been doing really well, but it seems like lately I'm struggling not only with blogging, but also taking pictures of my baby girl. I'm really trying to do better, but we will see how I do. Today is Christmas Adam (12/23) and I really wanted to blog before Christmas day... I figure we will have a lot to blog about since it's Allison's first Christmas!

The latest news here is that Allison is a pro at smiling... yeah, that's all I got for you. She is so freaking adorable though, I just love to see her smile! She has started doing half-laughs in her sleep, but nothing concrete yet... I am really looking forward to that day! We've been going to church the last 2 weeks and sit in the back of the balcony so that if anything were to happen we could get up and take her out. Well, the first week she was great.... slept through the whole thing. The second week she woke up during the music and looked around in awe, like "You've been holding out on me!" She then fell asleep durning the sermon, so still a good week! Last week we went and she decided that she was going to be wide awake for the music and stay awake the whole time.... the thing is, Allison likes to coo and laugh, which is wonderful when not in a quiet place! She also had to take a poop during the offering, which if you've ever heard her, you know how loud she grunts while pooping... and it usually goes on for about 10 minutes! So, I took her out when it got quiet, so as to not disturb anyone there. We came back (after a diaper change) and she stayed awake and listened to the sermon, finally falling asleep right before he finished.

On other news, Saturday we went and saw Santa! I was so excited! I bought Allison this really cute outfit and she was so precious! It was a beautiful day and Santa was outside on his sled. We had the photographer take her picture, so it would turn out better, and the pictures were great! She looked cute, didn't smile, but still really cute! She had this look of "Who are you?" on her face, but didn't cry! We bought the disc of pictures, so we could print as many as we wanted, and then ran some errands and came home. Well, somewhere along the line I lost the disc!!! I'm so freaking mad! I have not one picture of her and Santa! I guess I'm going to have to go find another Santa so I can prove that she did meet him! (And to get more pictures of her). I have searched high and low for the disc and cannot think of where it could possibly be... my only guess is that when we got in the car, we were trying to change her diaper, so it might have fallen out or something! Either way, I'm pissed!!!

So Chris and I did do some Christmas shopping for her and we (I) did well... first off, there's not a lot of gifts to buy a 3 month old, besides clothes... toys are for 6 months or older, and there's just really nothing else. We (I) did not go crazy on outfits though! We got her 4 new outfits for winter and a couple summer stuff that was like $2-4! (She even has a new swimsuit!) I can't wait to see what else she is getting! I am keeping all of my receipts though, so if she gets A LOT of clothes, we can exchange for bigger sizes!

Here are some pictures of my beautiful baby girl!
Allison's new Elmo outfit! ($4 from the consignment shop)

This is what she wore to see Santa... just imagine him holding her

Daddy and Naked Allison (she loves not wearing clothes!)

Our stocking are hung by the chimney with care

I made sugar cookies! Allison even has her own stocking (Yes, I know she won't eat it, but it's the thought that counts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment