Monday, March 12, 2012

5 Months & Growing Like Crazy

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted. I would like to say we've been so busy that I haven't had time to, but that's not the case. I guess I've just forgotten about it and when I want to do it Allison is awake and it's hard to type with her... she's at the grabbing stage and getting really good at it! We went to the Farmer's Market and she decided that we needed some rice, chips, and cookies... not that we kept all those in the cart, but she loves the crinkling noise! 

So Allison is officially 5 months old, and she seems to be loving it! She is doing so well and learning new things every day! She is getting really good at eating, and she LOVES sweet potatoes and peas! The only food that she doesn't seem to like are carrots... not sure why, but I've tried jarred and homemade and she only eats half as much as the sweet potatoes or other things. I guess it's the texture because they seem good to me! 

She is also becoming a pro at sitting up! She sat up for about 3.5 mins the other day without falling over, she just reaches a little too far and tumbles over... See video 1! She really likes sitting up and she can lean over to touch her toes and then sit back up... Baby Girl has got some abs on her! It's time to start buying her some new toys too... she has 2 that she really likes, but I would like some more that are interactive.... like helps her learn or improves her hand-eye coordination (which by the way is getting really good)!

Oh yes, I've saved the best for last! Guess who has her first tooth!!! Yep, it started coming through Sat (my mom pointed it out to me) and Sun I saw a little white speck in her mouth. It's on the lower left gum and she doesn't seem to like it so much! She has been busy chewing on her fingers/tongue whatever she can get in the mouth but it started to really bother her yesterday so I bought some Baby Oragel and that seemed to do the trick! Helped out a lot! I also bought her a finger toothbrush and she likes that... she can chew on my finger, but the bristles seem to feel good on her gums! Also getting in some good oral habits early! 


Allison is getting really good at sitting up.. BTW, she was fine.. just needed some cuddle time afterwards! 

Still sitting up and playing! 

1 comment:

  1. Those are great videos!! You're such a good Mommy to do those for your readers!! And I for one, can't get enough of her!! I mean, after all, she is the cutest baby ever (or at least tied with two others :-) )!!

    ReplyDelete