Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another Dr. Visit and More...

So for the last couple of weeks Allison has had very dry/cracked skin on her face and I used Aquaphor and diaper cream and both cleared it up for a day or so and then it came back... and after the Aquaphor, with a vengeance! It started as a little spot on her right cheek and then moved to her left cheek and a little on her forehead! Well, Friday morning I woke up and looked at her and she had dried blood all over her pajamas and sheet from where she had been rubbing/scratching. So I decided enough was enough, time to go to the Dr! Well, the Dr said that it was just some eczema and gave us a prescription for a low-dose steroid ointment (which was available over the counter!). She said to use that 2 times a day and keep using the diaper cream/Aquaphor to keep it moist all day! I also realized that it started right around the same time Allison started rice cereal, but the Dr said it was probably just a coincidence, but said that she didn't need to be on that since she's getting most of her vitamins through her formula, so stop the cereals and go ahead and start her on fruits/veggies!

Allison has seemed to enjoy her upgrade! We started with bananas because that's my favorite and did that for 3 days, making sure she didn't have a reaction to it, which she didn't! She seemed to enjoy it, no horrible faces or shakes or spitting it out, and actually looked forward to her next bite! Today we finished up the bananas so I decided it was time for some veggies.... Sweet Carrots in fact! Allison did NOT like those... she made the face, did the shakes, and instantly pushed it out of her mouth! I think the bib got more of the carrots than she did! Well, tomorrow is another day and I'm sure that she'll eventually learn to love them!

So this weekend we went to Birmingham for a girls weekend. It was great, Allison slept the whole way there and then I got my hair cut! Allison did NOT like that... I think she was a little freaked seeing me without my long locks! That and she really hated the hair dryer! I usually dry my hair in the other room so it's not too loud, but my hairdresser and the one next to us were both using it and she cried/screamed! It took a long time for me to console her, but once she settled down we were back to styling my hair! We spent time with my brother, aunt, and of course, mom. And Sunday I woke up extremely sick! Not sure if it was something I ate or a bug, but I was NOT felling well at all! I stayed on the couch all day while Allison and Grandma played... Grandma was looking forward to her Allison time, but I don't think that's as much as she wanted! She was happy to take care of her and me too! Needless to say, our trip was extended by a day, which didn't make Daddy too happy, but he understood!

So this post has taken me a long time to write/post, so Allison is now 5 months old and as cute as ever! I'll make it short, but she weighs 15 pounds, wears size 6-9 months, and LOVES her green beans and bananas (not together of course!). She is also getting very good at her hand/eye coordination and loves to grab mouths! (Beware if you hold her)! She's also excellent at sitting up, can do it by herself for short periods, but then tries to reach too far and tumbles over.

So that's it for now, Allison's face has almost completely cleared up... only a couple of red patches here and there, but not half as bad as they were!

I'm having problems with my internet or something again, so no pictures, but I do have a cute video! This is the song I sing when I put her to bed... as you can tell, it doesn't make her sleepy at all!





No comments:

Post a Comment