Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Guess what, We have an 8 month old!

I thought that I would finally update my blog with things about Allison as well as her future baby brother/sister (see previous post). Allison is 8 months old and she is getting so big! She's had 6 teeth that have been trying to come in for the past 2 months but will not break through the gum! I feel so bad, most days she seems ok, but lately she has been chewing on anything she can get her hands on! Which, hopefully, means that they will be making their appearance soon! I know that as soon as they come in she wont look like my little baby anymore! She's going to be my big baby/little girl!

Allison is eating very well! She doesn't seem to be gaining a lot of weight (no round tummy or anything) but she is obviously getting bigger! I measured her yesterday and she's about 28" long.... I guess she's going to be tall like her mommy! I'm guessing that she weighs about 19-21 pounds, but our scale is inaccurate so who knows! We go back to the Dr. on July 2, so we'll get official measurements then! She has grown out of her 6 months pjs and is starting to get a little tall for her 9 months! I'm off to the consignment shops this week to see if I can find her anything good and cheap! The good news is that all of her dresses fit perfectly so she only needs sleeping clothes! I feel bad putting her in a onesie to sleep in because our house varies between hot and cool!

Anywho... We took Allison to the pool last week and she LOVES it! We've been back 3 times since and she still can't get enough! We are going to buy a baby pool to keep in the back yard/garage for when it's rainy and  for a change of scenery! I'm not sure how thrilled I am with her being in chlorine a lot! I promise, I will take video when we get it! Sorry I've been bad about posting lately, but I've been quite sick for the past several weeks!

Allison still hasn't quite figured out the crawling thing, she gets up on all fours like she's about to, but can only seem to push herself backwards... she did go sideways the other day to get to a toy, I guess that's a little better! She still is rolling all over the place and moves mostly toward the cat... she loves Ling for some reason! She will stand for a long time (10 mins) if I put her there, can't do it by herself yet, and the other day she took 3 steps toward the coffee table! I'm hoping that we'll skip the crawling stage and go straight for walking! I feel like that might be easier on me, but we'll see! Allison seems to be very content with sitting and playing with one toy for long periods of time (like 30+ mins)! I know that will come in handy later in life, so I'm not too concerned with her being behind the rest of her friends!

Until next time....

Allison has learned to clap, but only does it when she sings! 









No comments:

Post a Comment