Friday, June 22, 2012

We Finally Have a Crawler!

Yes, she did it! She finally crawled across the room! She headed straight to the cords behind the tv and then to the stack of dvds... needless to say, I think we have some childproofing we need to take care of soon! I feel like I'm playing with a dog because I'll sit on the other side of the room and call her and she comes right to me... depending on what toy/object I have in my hands.

We also went to the Dr. the other day and Allison was such a trooper! Chris had to work so wasn't able to come (his first missed appt) so Allison had to stay in her car seat the whole time... with few toys and my phone to entertain her. We were there for a little too long, but Allison was great! The nurse came in to check the baby's heart rate and after 5 mins couldn't find it, so she went and got the ultrasound machine. The Dr. came in around 10 mins later and tried to find the baby outwardly and couldn't, so he had to do it internally. He then left and came back another 10 mins later and found the baby instantly. He said the baby would be too hard to see but he showed me and I saw my baby moving all around (apparently he was upset that they kept poking him trying to find him) and then we heard the heartbeat and everything was fine. I was a little "backed-up" so that was what was giving them so many problems.

By the time we got done with that Allison was about done. The Dr. stayed and talked to me about what to expect in the coming months and asked if I had any questions, to which I just had one. He said that my next appt was in a month with a midwife (nothing abnormal) and then at the 20 week I would see the high-risk Dr. to get the anatomy ultrasound (I guess they do a more thorough job or have better equipment). I asked about the delivery and if I would be able to go full-term and he said yes, but they'll probably get the baby around 39 weeks.... So we're going to have a Christmas baby!!!

We then had to sit with a nurse for about 15 mins while she scheduled my upcoming appts. and that's when Allison decided she was done. I had to get her out and hold her for a minute, but then we left and she went right back in the car seat. She slept on the way home and was extremely happy to be home and able to move/crawl around.

So that's about it for now. Here's the video of Allison crawling! We've already started moving furniture around in order to protect the valuables, cords, and whatnots she can get to!


Allison crawling around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment