Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Food...

So it's been a while since I posted last, but there just hasn't been anything good going on. So far everyone has been right; the second trimester is a breeze! The morning sickness has stopped and I seem to be eating everything that doesn't eat me first! I am trying to be good and not go overboard with the cravings, but sometimes I just need the tater tots or french fries! The good thing is that usually every year around this time my taste buds change and go to summer mode. I now start to eat more salads and lots of fruit, and I can see my cravings starting to follow that pattern. I crave banana's, Pink Lady apples, and pears. I've also started craving more salads, even though I love the Fried Chicken Salads, it's still healthier that Fried Chicken with Fries!
Last weekend my mom and brother came over and we went out to eat almost every night. We tried new restaurants, ate at some favorites, and even tried new foods.... like Kangaroo. Chris and I decided that we are now going on a lettuce and fruit diet and I am going to get back in the kitchen and start cooking healthy foods. I was on Weight Watchers before I found out I was pregnant, and I am going to get back to that. I talked to my Dr and he told me to follow the guidelines, but eat when I am hungry... just make better changes. I can't do the points, because I do need to gain weight with the baby, but I don't need to gain a lot of weight. I do love to cook, and I am very excited that we are hosting Easter dinner this Sunday. I plan on doing a lot of the cooking, so maybe I can make some of it healthier. I've also been really conscience about where things come from and the ingredients in boxed food. I always make an Easter Bunny cake and usually do it the easy way, from boxed cake mix and canned frosting, but not this year! I am making it from scratch! I just hope that I don't run out of time between the cooking and working!
So, I guess that's where I'm at now. I don't go back to the Dr. until the end of the month so there's just not a lot going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment