Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yeah, It Was All About a Hot Dog...

So yesterday Chris and I went to the Dr to see our baby! We did not get to have an ultrasound, but they did check the heartbeat and it was in the 150s, which is normal. So the baby was doing well, but mommy.... not so much! I was doing great when we got there, great when I heard the heartbeat (a little teary, but great), and great waiting for the Dr. to come in. I was doing great talking to the Dr at first too, but then when we were about to part, I had to ask the question that led to y breakdown!
I have read a couple of baby books and talked to several pregnant people and they all seem to say that we (pregnant women) cannot eat deli meat or hot dogs/sausages. Mostly because of the way they are made they tend to have a higher bacteria amount so it is easier to get sick. So, of course I then started craving a hot dog. Not sure if it was because I couldn't have it or because I didn't know the last time I had one was the last I would have. So I just really wanted one. So, I go to the Dr and here's how it goes:
Me: "I have a stupid question..."
Dr: "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
Me: "Well, I might be a stupid person, so here's my stupid question... (It was at this point that I start tearing up)
Oh my gosh, I am going to cry asking this question..." (Tears start pouring out now)
I want a hot dog. Can I have one?"
Dr: "Why wouldn't you be able to eat hot dogs?"
Me: "Because the books told me I couldn't" (still bawling, uncontrollably, can't contain myself!)
Dr: "Do you eat hot dogs raw?" (I snicker through my tears)
Me: "Well, no!"
Dr: "Then there's no reason why you can't eat hot dogs!"
Me: "Oh, well, thanks!" (I'm starting to control myself now, a little)
Dr: "I guess I know what y'all are having for lunch... and dinner, and lunch tomorrow too!"
Me: "Ha ha"
Meanwhile, my husband is just sitting there staring at me and I hear him chuckling, which he denies. I have to say, I was so completely embarrassed I am just thankful that my next appointment isn't for another 3 weeks... maybe I will be able to forget about the incident by then! I just hope my Dr knows that I really am not crazy, I am just emotional... I blame Baby Falcon for this!!! I do love my Dr though, I think he was trying to be supportive through my craziness! I just pray that I don't have any more emotional outbreaks in public! I don't know if I can handle more strangers thinking I'm crazy!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the name Falcon, but I'm thinking we might have to start calling "him" Oscar Mayer or Nathan!! :-)

    ReplyDelete