Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Talk

I learned that last week our baby's ears were more developed and he/she could hear us! So since then, Chris and I have been talking to the baby and singing to him/her. I have to admit, I feel really weird talking to him, I guess I can't wait until I feel them moving and it will make it more real!
I guess since the time keeps getting closer, I keep thinking about the future and how things are going to be. How long will the baby sleep at first, am I going to be getting any sleep? What will the house look like after a couple of weeks? As I sit and ponder this, I am rudely disrupted by Canela barking... she does that a lot which got me thinking about that... will the baby sleep through the barking? I love Canela, but she is a barker... people passing by, leaves falling, any type of noise. Anything can make her bark, and she has a very high-pitched bark. Meanwhile, Ashlyn is not a barker unless someone walks by or knocks on the door and then she sounds like a Rottweiler... she has a very vicious bark. Don't get me wrong, I love the dogs, but they are loud, and I don't think a baby will enjoy them barking and waking them up from naps!
I finally got a little hope when I was reading my "What to Expect" app on my phone. It said that "the baby is by certain listening now and loud noises, like the dog barking, will startle the baby (and get them used to the noises. Babies who regularly hear a dog barking will become babies that sleep right through Fido's barking)!" I am very excited about this because by the time the baby comes I'm sure he/she will definitely be used to Canela and Ashlyn's bark by then! I might still have to keep the doors closed or keep the pups in another room, but I'm glad that there is hope for the baby not waking up every time a leaf falls outside!
In other news, I finally started to download baby lullaby's and am listening to them at night to go to sleep by, I also ordered "Rock-A-Bye Veggie" from VeggieTales that has fun baby songs and lullaby's on it to listen to in the car! I am so excited, I can't wait for it to come! I have been singing the ABC song to the baby, mostly because I can't think of anything else to sing, but also hopes it might help the baby learn quicker. I also decided to read Dr. Seuss' "ABC Book" to help with the learning promise!
"Big A. Little A. What begins with A?
Aunt Annie's Alligator
A, A, A!"
Yes, I know it by heart and we are only 17 weeks into this thing!
This is a video of Chris playing with the dogs and a laser light. If you listen very closely, you can hear Chris tell his mom that we are expecting a baby! Yes, the video is old, but still cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment