Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our First Pediatrician

So it is official, AJ has a pediatrician... well 5 to be exact! I found this great office about 5 miles away from our house that came with great reviews and was recommended by the hospital where we will deliver. I went yesterday for a tour and met some great nurses and one doctor (unfortunately, the other doctors had gone home for the day). The office was kind of plain, but they seemed really great and seem to offer really good care. Each doctor specializes in different areas, so we can stay in the same office but get better help, like if AJ has allergies, asthma, or breast feeding problems. They also seem to have the same philosophy in medicating children that Chris and I have, where medicine is good to a point, but we don't want AJ to be over medicated or given medicine if it's not going to work; i.e., a cold. 
Anyway, so that was the highlight of my day yesterday. At least I am one step closer for AJ's arrival and getting things checked off my list. Now if only I can get Chris to let me start buying all of the leftovers that we need... pack-n-play, car seat, baby monitor, crib mattress, etc! 

No comments:

Post a Comment