Wednesday, August 31, 2011

35 Weeks

I can't believe that I have made it this far! It seems to have taken forever, but it's here! Last week we did a lot of shopping for the baby, bought the stroller, the pack n' play, the crib mattress, and some sheets! I finally feel like if she were to come tomorrow everything would be just fine! Chris and I also went through our Child-Birth Class and it was great. We got a lot of information and tried different relaxing methods to find what I like so Chris knows what to do in the hospital! I think this was one of my first wake-up calls that she is coming soon and it's going to hurt! Every time I think about the hospital I imagine rushing to the hospital and then poof, she's here! I guess it doesn't really work that way, but I'm hopeful it won't be too bad! I just finished writing up a "Birth Plan" that Chris and I have discussed and I hope that it goes the way I am planning. For most of the scenarios, I answered "If needed" or "Whatever I feel like." I'm know that I can't plan this out, but it's nice being able to be a little prepared. And being able to share my plans with Chris (since I'm sure he'll forget by then) and the nurses.
Other than that, there really isn't a lot going on. Chris and I are going to an Infant CPR class tonight with some friends so we can get a refresher course and know what to do in an emergency! Hopefully my doll won't be the one that dies! At least I'll have Chris there to resuscitate it if it does! He knows what to do, he's just going along with me for support! So I'll let you all know how it goes later! 
By the way, we did go to the doctor on Friday to get a check-up and at the time, AJ was measuring 36 weeks (which was about a week and a half ahead of time). So I guess it's very possible that she could be coming early, but I think she is just going to be a rather large baby and come right on time! I guess that we will have to wait and see! Since no more ultrasounds are coming, we will see about how much she weighs! Hopefully she will be small enough to where we can still have a "natural" birth (natural meaning not a c-section; not a no pain medication birth)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment