Saturday, May 28, 2011

Allie, the Ninja

So it's been a couple of days since we found out we were having a girl and I have to say I was shocked at first! I really could've sworn we were having a boy, but as sure I was it was a boy, Chris knew it was a girl! Apparently he has the better instinct on what it was. It did take a day to get used to, but we are calling her by her name instead of referring her to "baby" or "him." It sounds nice calling her AJ or Allison or Allie. I think it really fits her! 
Going back a couple of days, at the Dr. appointment Allie was being quite stubborn and laying on her tummy so we couldn't get great pictures of her and the nurse kept poking me to try to get her to turn over, but Allie wasn't having any of it! So the nurse kept poking and Allie kept kicking back! Apparently our child will be a fighter or at least not take crap from anyone! So that night, we all went out to dinner and Allie decided that she was going to have her revenge on me for letting the nurse poke her. I had always heard that the kicking of a baby feels like a flutter in your tummy or a twinge of gas pain, but not my child! She is apparently really a ninja and was kicking me from the inside out! She, I swear, was jumping up and down on my uterus! It was great for my mom and Chris because they got to feel it, but Lord have mercy, it was killing me! The next morning I woke up and I didn't think I would be able to get out of bed! I was so sore! I'm sure it was a combination of Allie and the nurse, but I DO NOT want to go through that again! And the only "advice" my mom could give me was, "Just wait until she's bigger and can really kick!" Thanks mom, I look forward to that! 
Chris does love feeling her kick and she is very active at night, so it's perfect for when he gets home from work or right before bed he'll lay next to me and just wait for her to start kicking. It really is an exciting time for us and it makes it seem so real! I can't believe that in about 4 months we will have a baby! It seems like it's taken forever to get here, but I know it's going to go by so quickly; especially once she arrives! This weekend we are working on the nursery and getting that set up, or at least making some progress on it. I keep having different ideas running through my head as to what I want the nursery theme to be and it changes constantly! I think I have FINALLY narrowed it down, but we will see when we get done with everything what it actually is!
Until next time, 
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment