Thursday, May 26, 2011

We're Having a Baby....

That's right, we're having a baby! I'm sure you know that already, but I am going to make this as dramatic as possible, so if you have to know now, just scroll to the bottom and see for yourself. For the rest of you, it's going to be a great story!
As most of you know, I have been back and forth for the past 2 weeks trying to decide if I want to know what we're having. I was set on not finding out and then as the time got closer it seemed that I would not be able to wait. So I started figuring out why I wanted to wait and the reason was that I wanted Chris to be the one to tell me. So, I was going to ask the nurse to write it on a piece of paper and then Chris and I could open it together later that night and he could be the one that still tells me! So here how it actually happened:
I had been counting down the minutes until it was time to leave for the Dr appointment and was trying to do everything I could to distract me and make time go by quicker! I found a couple of errands to run and clothes to wash. It helped, but I still couldn't help but think, "In 5 hours from now, I will know if it's a boy or girl." Or, "This time tomorrow we will know what we're having!" So finally the time came to go pick up Chris from work and then we were going for some lunch with my mom and her friend before the appointment. I pick up Chris, head toward the area where the appointment is and then we go to Einstein Bros. Bagels and get some lunch. I tell you, it was hard to eat. I just wanted to go sit in the waiting room and wait to see my baby!
We finally finished lunch and headed to the appointment and checked in and sat and waited. It seemed like I waited forever, but finally the nurse called me to come back! When she saw the crowd that was with me, she said that Chris and I could start the process and after everything checked out ok we could come and get my mom. So, Chris and I headed back and got ready to see our baby! I couldn't believe how big it was! I was still expecting to see something similar to a bean or small and I was shocked when I saw how big it was! We got to see every part of the baby in detail as they did the anatomy check and everything was perfect. However, the baby was being rather stubborn and wouldn't turn over so we didn't get to get a good picture of the face and boy/girl parts! The nurse kept poking the baby and pushing on my uterus to try to get him/her to move, but it didn't work! I guess the baby comes by it honestly, apparently I was a rather stubborn child as well, so I can't blame him/her that much!
So here it is... she asked us what we wanted to do and I told her my romantic plan and she said that was perfect and what a lot of couples like to do. Well Chris decided that since he was going to find out before me that it was ok for him to watch the ultra sound, which I was fine with because I watched his face the whole time and saw the smile that came to his face and stayed all day long! So now Chris knows and I don't. I have to say, I was perfectly fine with not knowing at the time. I was just happy to see my baby and the cute positions that he/she was getting in. So we sat and waited for the doctor and that was the longest wait! It seemed like the longer we wait the more impatient I was getting and the more I wanted to know what we were having!
We finally made it through the appointment and as we were getting in the car to go home, I had to know! I couldn't wait any longer and my mom and her friend were in the backseat and I thought it was the perfect moment. That way, my mom could video us and still be there to find out what her grand-baby is going to be! Well, it finally happened! As I sat there I could not stop crying and was so excited about the results! I was also still in shock that it's a baby... my baby... my baby GIRL!!! Yep, we are having a baby girl!!! YEA!!!! I know that this is really long, so I will save my reactions and thoughts for the next post! Thanks for reading through it! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment