Thursday, May 5, 2011

Book Club

So much has been going on, but nothing too terribly important. I decided that my baby was getting too smart for the ABC book, and I honestly was getting sick of reading it everyday, so we moved up! I figured it didn't really matter what I was reading just as long as it was hearing my voice, but I also thought I should start catching up on some childhood favorites. So, I went to the library and cruised through the children's sections seeing what would pop out to me. I found some little "Winnie the Pooh" books, but I didn't think that would peak baby's interest for very long. So, I finally stumbled upon "The Chronicles of Narnia" series and decided to start there. I remember reading "The Lion. The Witch, and the Wardrobe" when I was little, and of course seeing the movie, but I thought I should refresh my memory and maybe read that to the baby when he/she get's a little older. I started with "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and I forgot how good it really was! I then read the 3rd book, "The Horse and His Boy" and I can honestly say I couldn't put it down. I finished both books in a day (mostly because I wasn't working)!
On another note, I felt my baby kick the other day! I had been working all day and came home and was resting in bed when I felt a poking coming from around the baby. I sat up and looked down and said, "Baby? Are you kicking me?" I was unsure if it was really a kick and I went to work the next day and talked to some girls and they all agreed that yes, it was the baby indeed! I then had to call Chris, since he still is not home, and tell him that he needed to come home and have a talk with his child. He then asked why, and I said, "because he keeps kicking me!" Chris, of course, was so excited and I could tell that he was smiling like crazy! I wished that he was here for it, but I then realized that it's not like he could feel it... I could barely feel it! But at least now he has something to look forward to coming home to!
Going back to the original story, I was then reading my book out loud to the baby and stopped to take a break between chapters when I felt another kick from the baby! I am slightly enthused that he/she is actually listening to me and likes when I talk to him! As much as I am getting tired of hearing my voice, apparently the baby is enjoying it! So I guess I am going back to the library tomorrow to get some more books in the series and read to the baby. I do have to say, I did get a book for me, which included a lot of cursing and adult themes, so I didn't read that to the baby, I figure I might start shielding them now. I would also have to recommend "The Breathtaker" by Alice Blanchard for anyone looking for a good novel. It's 391 pages, and I finished it with 24 hours! I couldn't put it down! Very suspenseful!

No comments:

Post a Comment