Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I know the blog is a little late, but I have been pondering about what to write for a while. Chris came home Friday night and I was very happy to see him! We haven't spend that much time apart since we got married and especially since I got pregnant and hormonal! I had to work on Saturday, but he came and ate dinner with me and then went back home. I then came home and was surprised when he handed me a bag and yelled "Happy Anniversary" at me! It was a big book of famous poets/poems and he had written his own poem on the inside cover! I totally started crying and then was even more shocked when he asked me if I wanted my Anniversary/Mother's Day gift then or Sunday. I am kinda greedy, so I really wanted it then and it was like 9pm, so it was almost Mother's Day. He then handed me a wrapped package and I was completely floored when I opened it up! It was the Barne's & Nobel NOOK! He apparently was listening when I was talking about my new love of reading and he wanted to support that, but then it was lots of cool gadgets that I can use anywhere! I then suggested that I can put kids books on there so when we go on trips we don't have to take a heap of books with us... so there was the Mother's Day part! I'm just trying to think ahead, you know!
Anyway, I did have to work, but the day went by quickly and the baby must've know it was Mommy's day... he/she was kicking up a storm! It reminds me that Chris really wanted a Ninja baby, and I feel like we are going to have one! That night Chris and I were reading Baby Sesame Streets books and we were taking turns reading pages. We then picked up another book and he read it by himself and I had the image of him sitting in a rocker, which we don't own yet, holding the baby and reading to him/her. I almost started crying and then the book was over. The good news is that Chris really liked the book and said he could get into it! I guess we will be buying more Elmo books in the near future! I hope everyone else's Mother's Day was as wonderful as mine was! I can't wait until next year and I actually am a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment