Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Allison June

So I think I have shared with everyone how I chose the name Allison June, but to refresh your memory, here it goes. Allie was my best friend in high school who passed away a month before I started my senior year. It was a tough way to start off the year and unfortunately only got worse from there. However, Allie and I did a lot together; we would go to movies, spend-the-night at each others house and played in the band together. She died in a car accident due to people street racing, thanks Fast and the Furious! It was hard to be at school without her, but to have the driver of the car there was even harder! When I was 18 I got a tattoo that has the Chinese symbol for heaven and her initials under it. It reminds me of her but also helps me remember that life is short and precious and we are not guaranteed every day, so live life to the fullest.
Most of you probably know that June was my grandmother's name and those of you that knew her, knew that she was a special person! Going back to the original story of how my senior year sucked, two months into the year, I was pulled out of class and taken by our principal to the hospital because there was something going on with my grandma. Little did I know that she had already passed and that time, I thought she was just sick or something! Anyway, she was the most precious, wonderful, godly person that I have ever met. I was her only grand-daughter, so I think I was able to bond with her a little more. She and I would bake cakes, brownies, cookies whatever we wanted together. After she passed, my Aunt moved into her house and said that there were boxes of brownie and cake mix in the cabinet. I miss her so much and I only wish that I could've spent more time with her. I also wish she could see me now and meet Chris... I know she would love him! When I was 19 I got a tattoo on my foot of a hawaiian-looking flower with a ladybug sitting on it to remind me of her. I used to love looking at her pictures from when she and my Aunt Linda went to Hawaii and hear the stories of the trip. I wanted to get a june-bug on the leaf, because when she was younger people called her June-Bug, but when I was finding a picture of one I realized that they look a LOT like roaches, and I HATE roaches! So, I went with something cuter and decided on the ladybug!
So, that's how Allison June Lindquist got her name. Here are some pictures of her from our last ultrasound that I was saving so you wouldn't be overwhelmed by the baby girl news and video!
Like I said before, she was being rather stubborn that day!

She has a nice head and good spine

If you watched my video on Facebook, you might have heard me call my baby a monster and I was a little scared of her... this is why! It reminded my mom and I of the Clown from SAW...

Hopefully AJ will cooperate a little bit more and we can get good pictures of her face! I can't wait to see what she is going to look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment