Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Pregnancy

Chris and I went to the child birth class last week and the first thing we did was went around the room and told their names, their due date, the sex of the baby, the baby's name, their favorite thing about the pregnancy, and also their dislikes of the pregnancy. Most everyone was due around November, a couple Octobers and 2 Septembers, and only 2 boys in the bunch (of 11 couples). And everyone said the same thing when it came to the favorite part of pregnancy; feeling the baby kick and getting the ultrasounds. Chris and I, too, said the same thing, but of course we had to add a little flare to ours (see #1)! But I have been thinking about this all week, so I decided to make a list of my favorite things and the things I could do without.

Favorite Things of AJ's Pregnancy:
1. Story Time- every night Chris and I read her 2 books and she knows that we are reading... she always starts kicking around the middle of the first book, but definitely during the second book (which is Chris' book).
2. Story Time- I love that she likes the same books that I liked... not that she knows what we are reading to her, but she still seems to like them. I get to read "Oh, Baby, The Places You'll Go." This is a book I got as a present (because I am a huge Dr. Seuss fan) and it was written based on Dr. Seuss books and is meant to be read in utero. It's such a great book and I really look forward to reading it to her in the hospital and see her kick in person! Chris' book that he reads is "The Monster at the End Of The Book." It's about Grover (from Sesame Street) and is such a fun book. One of my favorites growing up, and Chris adds his own version of how Grover sounds and additional sounds. It's probably why Allie kicks so much while he's reading it.
3. The ultrasounds- Of course we enjoyed seeing the ultrasounds and I wish we would get another one, but I know that she's too big, so we wouldn't be able to see her very clearly. Plus, she'll be here in about a month, so I will wait to see her then! I still go back and look at her ultrasounds and wonder what she'll look like. The pictures are more like blobs and not baby's that I can't see any distinguishing factors on there, but maybe once she comes I will look back and be able to see her better in those pictures.
4. Seeing her grow- It seems like everyday I look down and my tummy gets bigger (I know, impossible, but somehow she is growing without my knowledge). Chris went to DC, and when he came back she had grown quite a bit, at least to him... I guess I hadn't noticed that much. But it's fun when people notice how big she is getting. I saw my mom tonight for the first time in a month and she was shocked at how bug AJ is.... She is definitely the first thing you notice when you see me! And I am always getting commented by strangers about when my baby is due... it's great to look pregnant!

Dislikes of AJ's Pregnancy:
1. The weight gain- As I probably shouldn't complain too much, I have gained 20lbs since we first got pregnant. I keep getting told that the weight will "Fall Off" after the baby comes (especially since I plan on breastfeeding), but I'm still mad that I had to gain weight! I do believe that the weight has "shifted" so I look skinnier in my face and bigger in the tummy, so maybe everyone is right... Hopefully it will all fall off soon!
2. Heartburn- At least I have found drugs that help with this! Thank God for Tums, Prilosec, and Zantac! They are making my life a whole lot easier! (And no, I'm not taking them all at once)
3. Lack of Sleep- If you knew me before I pregnant, you knew that I was a sleeper. I used to go to bed at about 10 and wake up at 9. I like sleep, it does my body good. Lately, I'm not sleeping. I go to bed at 9-10 and wake up at 2 for at least 2 hours, and then wake up at 7. At least I have been able to take naps, but those are usually for only an hour.
4. Patience- I didn't know when I asked God for a baby that I was also asking for patience! I have learned that I am NOT a patient person, mostly when it comes to getting stuff done and my husband procrastinating about it... but now I just can't wait. Everyday seems like an eternity and I just want her here now! We have everything all ready for when she comes, so now we just need her! If she's anything like her daddy, she wont be here for another 2 months though! I also know that in a couple of years I really will be learning patience... bed times, school, homework, etc.! I babysat enough to know that patience is key to raising a child, something I hope to gain!

So these are some of my ups and downs with pregnancy! Seems like the ups definitely outweigh the downs, and I know that when she comes I will forget all about the downs... especially when we think we could use another "Falcon" in our life... I will probably never remember any of the negatives of this pregnancy, only the positives and the positive outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment