Friday, September 9, 2011

36 Weeks.. Still

Chris and I went to the doctor today for another check-up with a midwife. We usually go Friday mornings and are in and out in about 30-45 minutes. I totally love this, and thought that our 10:45 appointment would be the same.... Not so much! We signed in at 10:50 (I know, but there was a line at check-in... I really was on time) and I did my usual go to the bathroom thing for the urine specimen. I then sat down with Chris in the waiting room and at about 11:15 we get called back to do my weight, blood pressure, and blood prick thing. (Which,by the way, lost 4lbs over the last 2 weeks!!!) Then we go to another waiting room and sit there until about 11:45. We then get to go to a room and stay there until 12:15 before the midwife comes in. Apparently they had a lot of "fit-ins" they had to deal with today... Which, I think if I had an appointment, I should go first... but that's just me. Then the midwife comes in checks AJ's heart rate, which is right on target, and her size, which is also right on target! I also had to get the strep test, which i you don't know what this is... it is not very much fun. Let's just say she asked me if I wanted her to check my cervix while she was down there! So I said, "sure, since you're down there and all, let's see what's going on." NOTHING... that's right, my cervix is still high and closed! Apparently AJ is not in any hurry to come... I was thinking after my false contractions the other day I would get a little something out of her, but no! She is going to be stubborn... just like her mommy! (Yes, I was 2 weeks late and the Dr had to go in and get me since I was so cozy and comfortable!) I guess AJ feels the same way. I kept telling Chris afterwards that we are going to have an Oct baby. Then it hit me that Oct. is only like 3 weeks away! Surely I can be patient until then! I mean, at the most I'll have to wait is 5 weeks... then she has no choice, she'll be out no matter what! I've been semi-patient for the past 36 weeks, 5 isn't going to kill me! At least I'll have more time to prepare myself for her arrival!
People keep asking me if I'm scared of the labor and delivery process. I honestly cannot picture myself giving birth! I see me having slight pains, and then poof, she's here. Like we are at home and chillin' on the sofa. I just skip the whole labor/deliver/hospital thing and we are home and happy. After the other night I am definitely reconsidering the epidural thing. I figure it's better to be happy and comfortable for after she comes than to be brave and tough and tired. Anyway, I guess we will see what happens come October and see how painful childbirth really is! I'm sure all those other billions of moms were just wimps... I can handle it.. I'm tough! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment