Wednesday, September 21, 2011

38 Weeks... Still

Well, we went to the Dr. this morning, hoping for a little good news... maybe something like, "She's coming in the next couple of days." Nope, not so much. Let me back track just a little to last night. I started getting the same back pains/mini-contractions that I've had before. I thought that these were more Braxton-Hicks, so I didn't think too much of it. Well, they started about 2:30am and each contraction lasted about 45 seconds and were about 6-7 minutes apart from each other. I tried different things to help relieve the pain. I tried sitting up in bed, moving to a chair (in the nursery), sleeping in a different bed (in the nursery), taking a hot bath, drinking lots of water... Nothing helped! The bath was very relaxing, but as soon as I got out, the pain started again. I also turned on some music to try to help put me in a "relaxing mood," but again, that wasn't happening. I had also kept telling myself, these are faux-contractions... They aren't real, there's no need to do alarm anyone (including Chris, he started going through them with me, but fell asleep early on, so I let him stay asleep). I also knew that I had a Dr. appointment in a few hours, so I wasn't going to drive to the hospital when I could just wait and see the Dr.... he could send me to the hospital if it was time! Well, around 6:30am I was finally able to fall back asleep, and then woke again to Canela needing to go outside at 7:30am. Let me also throw in here, the money we will be spending on diapers, will be saved in toilet paper. Throughout my whole night, I went to the bathroom 12 times... after 4, I thought I should keep count to keep things interesting!

So after I get out of bed I'm still really sore and my back is killing me. I started to have some more mini-contractions, but nothing to alarm anyone over. Again, I keep telling myself, we are going to the Dr. soon, he will tell me what to do. Mind you, I'm mentally preparing myself for him to 1) Tell me they are real contractions and I'm going into labor, the baby will be here soon; and 2) tell me that they are Braxton-Hicks and I'm still not dialated and the baby wont be here anytime soon. So we get to the Dr, I tell them I'm having false contractions so they decide to check my cervix to make sure that nothing is going on. The Dr. comes in, asks me a bunch of questions, and then checks me out. Sure enough, my cervix is still closed and high... I mean, the baby hasn't even dropped yet! She's no where near ready to come! I then ask the Dr. if he can tell how big she is and he is estimating that she's around 8 lbs! 8 lbs and she's not here yet?!?! That means that she's going to be HUGE whenever she does decide to come! He also talked to me about inducing the labor but I told him that we would like to wait until she decided to come... I don't want to rush her along if she's not ready. So she has until 41 weeks before she is pushed out... or come in and gotten!

We go back to the Dr. next Wed, so hopefully there will be a little progression then, but I'm expecting the baby to come around Oct 10-13... I have been pretty good about my baby pools lately, so we'll see how she does. At least my back is no longer hurting and the faux-contractions have stopped! I don't mind going through them, but I need to be rewarded somehow for all that pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment