Wednesday, September 28, 2011

39 Weeks And Still Waiting

Chris and I went to the doctor's office today and the whole way there I kept saying was the only thing I wanted was to be at 1cm.... at least I knew then that she was on her way (even though we would still have a while to wait). Well, according to the Dr, we are a "relaxed" 1cm (which I have no idea what that means) but we are where I was anticipating us being! Then he asked me if I wanted to "soften the membranes" to which I asked, "What are the advantages?" Apparently it helps the baby know that it's time for her to come out! So I said, SURE. Which I have to say, I was in a complete ethical dilemma when he asked me! I want AJ to come on her own time, but then I am ready for her to come, but I don't want to induce yet, but this isn't really inducing. So I asked Chris... he didn't care! We decided to go ahead and let him soften the membranes. He then was sitting there talking to us about our "exit strategy" for the baby coming and said that if things go as they should, we should have the baby in the next 48 hours! I then had to stop him and was like, "WHAT? I could have a baby in the next couple of days?!?" I know I've been looking forward to this for the past 9 months, but the fact that it could be here in the next 2 days?!? I'm getting a little scared.

***I then talked to one of my friends and she gave me 2 examples of people that had their membranes stripped (or "relaxed") and within 24 hours they had a baby! At least all of my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. My freezer is completely stocked with food for when we come home and the house is the cleanest that it will ever be! The funny thing is that all I can think about is what's in the fridge that will spoil while we are in the hospital? Chicken Pot Pie. Salad Mix. Carrots. And every little twinge that I feel makes me think that I could go into labor at any time! I do have to say, I m not scared of the labor process. I just want her here to hold her and play with her little feet!***

Anyway, then doctor then scheduled us with an ultrasound for Monday to check and make sure that she is still growing and healthy. Then, if she hasn't come yet, we get to decide what day we would like to induce! There's my next ethical decision I'll have to deal with! I get to decide what day her birthday will be! Do I want it on an even or odd day? A friends/family birthday? A significant day? I tell you, she's not even out yet and I'm already going crazy with all the decisions I have to make for her! I'm really hoping that she comes within the next 2 days so that I don't have to make all the decisions myself! I hope to share some good news in the next couple of days, but by Monday we will know for sure when our daughter will be here!

***Side Notes***

No comments:

Post a Comment