Tuesday, September 6, 2011

False Labor

And so it begins! Last night, I woke up around 1 and had the most severe back pain. It was very localized and the pain came and went. So after 2 of these episodes Chris and I started to time them. They were coming every 7 minutes and lasted about 1 minute each. After about 5 cycles, they seemed to subside and just became a very dull pain. However, then my right leg started to hurt really bad! It felt like it was asleep, but then it was painful and needed to be moved! After an hour or so I was finally able to fall asleep and slept for 2 hours until the dogs woke me up to take them out...Chris is still sleeping by this time, and is going in to work late since he stayed up with me all night! After getting some breakfast I feel really sore and still have the pain in my leg. Chris made me call the doctor and his nurse said that I was just experiencing false labor.... since the pain subsided. She told me just to put my feet up, relax, and drink lots of fluids! At least I am off today, so I plan on taking it easy, and do some household chores. I do have to say, that pain was not exactly what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be like cramps... not like this kind of pain that wouldn't go away no matter which way I tossed or turned. I did get to practice my "relaxation breaths" and I have to say... not very helpful! Hopefully for the real thing will be more like what I expected and the "breaths" will help more!

No comments:

Post a Comment