Sunday, September 11, 2011

37 Weeks

Only 3-5 weeks left and no one is going to be happier for her to come than me! I have gotten very uncomfortable over the past week. I'm not sure if she has shifted onto a nerve or if I pulled a muscle, but my back hurts so bad! It hurts to bend, walk and pretty much move in any direction. I lay with my feet propped up at night and it feels better in the morning, but about half way through it is just as painful.... and Tylenol doesn't help at all! She is also getting bigger, so her cute little feet have found a home in my rib cage! Every time I bend over I get a sharp pain and have to "help" her move her foot (which I don't think she likes very much). I've also been working more this week, and I think I am getting too big to do that for much longer. I only work about 4-6 hours a day, but I get home and crash and complain about how tired and sore I am... Poor Chris, I'm sure he loves hearing that EVERY night! Chis and I took some more pictures this morning, so hopefully you will be able to notice how big she is getting (not me, her!). And the dogs were being very cute and sociable this morning, so we took some pictures of them too!

As I am writing this, I am watching the Memorial for 9/11 victims. Today is the 10th anniversary of the act that changed our country forever. I was sitting in Algebra class when they came in and said a plane had hit the Tower, I remember thinking, "Oh, did we know someone on the plane? Why is this so important?" I was in 10th grade and obviously didn't know how shocking this was. We then met for chapel and watched some of the news coverage and then returned to class. I also remember trying to get out of a history test by telling the teacher, "We are going through history right now, let's not take the test." It didn't work. It took me several days and weeks realize how horrible this event was. Every time I watched the news coverage I just thought it was a movie. Now as I watch the video I can't help but think who could do this? What must have the people been thinking when the plane hit their building? Then you hear the many stories of people that were in the towers that made it out alive or the people that made final phone calls to loved ones to tell them "Have a good life" knowing that they weren't going to make it. I can't even imagine getting a call like that from Chris. And I don't know what I would do if I saw a plane crash into his building! I know that God works in mysterious ways and I hope that thousands of people have found God and found peace in all of these tragedies.


 Here I am at 37 Weeks


 I saw a friend do this pose when she was pregnant, and I loved it!


Ashlyn looking cute and friendly! 

 Ashlyn is obsessed with the flash on the camera, and Chris was just bored I think! 


Ashlyn, Chris, and Canela chillin' on the floor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment