Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Grocery Adventure

Yesterday was one of those days that I call the "bad" days. I didn't sleep at all the night before, so I was completely exhausted when the dogs made me get up at 7am. Fortunately, I was on-call for work, and they did not use me so I made it a point to stay in bed for as long as possible! I have to thank the puppies for making this possible. After the first time of going out and getting fed, they let me stay in bed until about 2pm. I got to catch up on all my tv, and took a nap! I then got up at 2 and realized I was being a bum! I was going to call Chris to ask him to stop and get something for dinner, but then I realized, I can go to the store. We had nothing in the house, but I was just going to buy enough to get by! Enough for dinner and breakfast, and maybe a snack or two.
Well, I leaned 2 things whilst at the grocery store! First, I should never going to the store when I am either hungry, sick, or irritated! As I had eaten a bowl of soup before I left, apparently I was still starving! Everything seemed to jump into my cart and I just wanted to eat it right then and there! However, I am still battling food aversions, so whatever didn't make it into the cart, made me want to throw up! There were just some aisles that I had to avoid because I knew there was going to be one thing on that aisle that was going to make me sick! This, along with my not feeling well all day, led me to being irritable. I was doing ok, or so I thought, until I wanted to buy one thing which needed a coupon that was available at the front of the store, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere! I then asked someone that worked there and he looked at me like I was crazy! He then had to ask 3 people about it and finally the last person was able to help me! The coupon was hidden in the cash registers! That's a great place for customer's to be able to find it! By this time I was willing to pay the extra dollar just so I could be on my way! It was not that big of a deal, but I tried to remain calm and everything was fine. I then picked up my last few items and hopped into line. A line that looked the shortest, with only 1 person in front of me. No no no, that was not the case! The cashier was a elderly, and was taking her sweet time ringing and bagging the 20 different cans of food the gentleman was buying! OMG, I though it would never end! But then it was my turn to start putting my groceries on the conveyer belt, and everything was going my way. Except, the gentleman then decided to pay with a check, which he didn't even start filling out until everything was bagged and in his cart. Then he had to find his driver's license and give it to the nice elderly lady who had to stare at it for a minute before processing it. One would think this was as bad as it could get, but no... There was a mother/daughter who came up right behind me and started putting their items on the belt, not a problem, but then the daughter decided that she wanted a Snicker's Bar, which just happened to be right where I was standing! So she got her Snickers, and in the process kept hitting me and pushing me so that she could get it. Now, this child was a good 5-6 years old, so she should've known better! And mommy was no better... completely oblivious to what was going on. I finally had to say something when she kept hitting my butt! The kicker was, the little girl kept complaining that she didn't have any room because she was smushed between her cart and me! Hello, mother! Please watch your child! All I could think was I would never let my child behave like that! I try so hard to be courteous of others that my child will most likely will be by my side the whole time! Anyway, so then it was my turn to check out and everything was fine! I was just happy to be out of Publix and on my way home to go back to bed! It had been an exhausting trip!
The second thing I learned was that I am probably going to have a baby girl! Everything that jumped into the cart seemed to be all of my grandma's favorite foods. Twix bars, which she always kept in her house for when we came over, Donuts, but not just any donuts, the chocolate Entertainman's (or whatever they are called)! She always kept those in the freezer, and I have to say, I would usually help myself to those when I was there, too! This is mainly coming on because Chris and I have been discussing names, and we decided that the firstborn should be named after someone special to us. Well, we are not for-sure on a boys name, but I know that if we have a girl, her name will be Allison June. Allison, or Allie, was my best friend in high school that died in a car accident right before my senior year! I have a tattoo on my ankle that reminds me of her, it's the Chinese symbol for heaven and her initials right under it. It helps me realize that life is short and not guaranteed. June was my grandmother's name. She was the most godly, spiritual woman I ever knew, and I regret everyday that I did not get to know her better. I've heard a lot of stories about her since her death in 2002 (just 2 months after Allie died) and I know that she loved me so much. My aunt Linda moved into her house and found several boxes of brownies in the cabinet because we would bake brownies together, because she knew it was my favorite thing to do with her! We are going to call Allison June AJ because Chris likes to go by CJ, and I think it would be nice to have an AJ. I can already see her now, a little tom-boy but dressed in purples and pinks because it's moms favorite!
I can't decide if I hope it's a girl since I already have her named picked out or just because I want one, but I am excited for whatever we end up with! I am starting to agree with Chris now. I just want him/her here now so that we can play with them... and dress them up! Sorry this was so long, I was not intending it to be, but I guess I just have a lot on my mind right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment