Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Monday

I am not one that loves Mondays, but today was not such a bad day! The weather was absolutely perfect, and even though I had to work, it was nice. People were very friendly today, and only 1 needy customer! I have to say, I don't know if it is the hormones or me just working with stupid customers, but my patience has been so low lately! At least once a day there is that customer that makes me just want to yell at them and tell them off, and then say, "I'm pregnant, you can't say anything about me!" However, I do appreciate my job, so I have not done this yet! I have also been more emotional lately, which I can pretty much blame just on the hormones because I am not a super emotional person. Every time I look at a picture of my baby it makes me want to cry. I will just sit and stare at it for awhile and just be amazed as to how much he/she has grown in just 2 weeks. Chris keeps saying we need to rent a home ultrasound machine and at first I laughed at him, now I just want to look at my baby and see how big he is growing!
On a sadder note, I read something today that made me almost want to cry. I read that at 11 weeks old, a baby can feel pain. Which means that I can't figure out why our government thinks it's ok to "terminate" pregnancies up to 18 weeks old. I can't even imagine what position a woman must be in to terminate the pregnancy and know everything that I know. I hate to be on a soapbox, and I don't mean to judge, but after seeing my baby, I can't imagine doing anything to harm him! I'm scared to death that I am going to do something accidentally or that I might miscarry and be devastated!
On a lighter note now, one of my friends I used to work with had been trying to have children for awhile and couldn't so they started the adoption process. About 4-5 years later they finally made it to the point where they could be selected to be parents. On Monday of last week, they found out that they had been chosen to be parents but the mother had until Friday to change her mind. Well, they brought home little baby Sam to their house today, and they are now the new proud parents! I am so excited for them because I know that they have wanted a baby for a long time. I know that God has a reason for everything, and now that baby Sam is their's I am sure that they will be the best parents!
I'm sure you can see the pattern of this post, and that  is that I am so freaking happy I can't contain myself sometimes! I know I let my emotions get the best of me sometimes, but that makes me who I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment