Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cravings

Everyone knows that when a woman gets pregnant she has cravings, pickles and ice cream, pickles and peanut butter, chips and whatever. I have been getting these cravings, Chinese food, french fries, tater tots, chocolate cake, you know, the "good stuff!"Well, I have also been having cravings for other things besides food. I don't know if it is because everyone I know has been going on vacation or these hormones of mine, but I have had the weirdest craving to go on vacation! I didn't care where I went or for how long, I just wanted to get away! I wanted to pack, go somewhere different, and then come back! Well, much to my dismay, Chris was able to go on vacations... WITHOUT me!!! He had to travel for work to Washington, DC and it was a last minute thing, so I couldn't come with him! I was so upset, I think I cried a little! Of course, Chris doesn't know this because I have to keep a brave face in front of him! Chris left on Friday morning and was supposed to come back Sunday morning. Well, much to my surprise, I got a call Saturday night on my way home from work and Chris asked me if I was working for the next couple of days! I wasn't, since the economy kinda sucks right now, so I had 5 days off. Chris was working on a machine and they needed another part for it, which was back here in Atlanta. They were going to overnight it, but it wouldn't get to him until Monday afternoon so my WONDERFUL husband suggested that I was off and I could bring it up to him! So, I got home from work and immediately started looking for flights. Fortunately, Chris told them that he was going to need to stay until Tuesday to make sure the part was working and so that I didn't have to fly up for a couple of hours. So that's how I was able to take my vacation!
Well, I did have to do a little work in order for the company to pay for my trip. I first had to go pick up the part that Chris needed which was in Norcross... now, I'm sure that you don't know it, but I live in Stockbridge which is like 45 minutes south of Norcross... also, which is where I work...so I have to meet a guy at 11pm to get the part and I start driving up there in the pouring rain... and Tornado watch! Well, I met the guy, got the piece, and started back home. I finally made it back at about 1am and still hadn't started to pack yet! I threw some clothes in a bag and tried to go to sleep. I then woke up at 4 and headed to the airport! I probably should also mention that this part that I had to bring weighs like 15 pounds and didn't fit in a suitcase! So I had to put it in a hanging bag carrier and then packed my clothes into my laptop case, which I also used as my purse.
Anyway, long story, but I got the part to Chris, he was able to fix the machine... temporarily, and I had the opportunity to sight-see a little bit. I literally ran through the city and stopped only to take pictures! I am happy to be back so I can relax and try to recover! Fortunately, baby Peanut and I had a little talk before we left and he was very good to me. I still had pains in my back and my leg and got tired VERY easily, but didn't feel nauseous. We got back yesterday about 4 and I came home and went straight to bed. I watched tv for a while and fell asleep around 7! At least I fulfilled one of my cravings! Now me and Peanut are happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment